Friday, August 10, 2007

I've been busy




First an FO from a few weeks ago, Mimm recieved it already:



Next, Yule gift preparation has begun!!! Here are Pink Granite Monkey socks, for my sis.

I'm going to see part of my family at the end of September, when my brother graduates from USMC basic training. I'm planning to take Yule packages, all wrapped, with me, with a note that say not to open. Hee, hee, hee.



Lastly, I need some help. My mother chose this colorway (Algae, from BMFA). Now, don't take this wrong, but I don't like it. Let's start with the 70's green and go from there. My problem? I can do a pair of socks in a weekend. It took me 8 hours to do this. I just don't like it. I'm looking for a pattern suggestion that will complement this yarn. HELP!!! Just to add some fun, I've got sock yarn for whoever has the best suggestion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try the Razon Shell socks by Miriam Felton--they are fast and easy to knit--free pattern too.

The Dublin Bay Socks are also mostly stockinette and they should knit fairly fast.

The Nasturtium Anklets are short and an easy pattern and they will look great in this color of yarn. Can be found at throughtheloops.typepad.com

Hope these help...your hoggy sock pal.