Thursday, February 09, 2006

StringAttack

The Knitting Olympics 2006

The games begin tomorrow...

For my project, I have selected this sweater:
http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50374220&yarnid=5420103

Zig Zag Pullover from Knitpicks
Made from this yarn:

http://www.knitpicks.com/kpimages/Big/23438.jpg
Wool of the Andes, Color Mist – also from Knitpicks.

Am I exicted? Am I anxious? Am I terrified?

Uh, yeah!! I will be attempting to knit this sweater in 16 days, for my loving hubby, who has a 52” chest. To add to the difficulty, I will also be studying for an exam, attending lectures and clincal rotations in my last semester of nursing school.

Why would anyone put themselves through this, you might ask? (Okay, my friends won’t ask, they know better). Well, I just don’t seem to have enough to do, silly. Besides, I need something to do at night when my head just won’t put the words together.

I figure it will take roughly 20 hours of knitting. Heck, I might get that many just on the day Hubby has his surgery. No way I’m getting anything remotely resembling studying done that day.

Wish me luck (or something like it)

No comments: